Welcome to Kestrels 2021-22!
A big welcome to the new year in Kestrels. Mrs Michael, Mr Greavner and I are looking forward to a fantastic year - we are hoping to restore lots of the 'normality' of school life this year and hoping to get a full year in!
Attached below are:
- Long term plan
- Medium term plan for Autumn 1
- Knowledge organisers for Science and Humanities - these contain the key learning for these subjects for the coming half term at least
A few things to note:
- Mrs Michael is teaching Kestrels on Tuesdays. Mr Greavner is with Kestrels all week.
- Please for this half term is on Wednesday afternoons. Please send the children IN THEIR KIT and make sure they are prepared for cold or wet weather
- Please name ALL your children's belongings - they might be older but they do still lose things!
- There is no homework menu but there are suggested activities on the knowledge organisers and we also ask that your children read daily, practice their handwriting and spelling each week in their purple books and practice their times tables. I also hope to trial a new way of issuing and submitting specific homework tasks, using email and/or Google Classroom. I will publish more details when it is ready to go.
For those with children in year 6, please note that SATs are currently scheduled to take place in the week commencing Monday 9th May 2022. I will issue more information about that week nearer the time but please do not book any holiday for that week or in its build up.
As always, do not hesitate to see me or Mrs Michael with any questions or concerns particular to your child or to Kestrels or email firstname.lastname@example.org.