Welcome to Kestrels 2022-23!
A big welcome to the new year in Kestrels. Mrs Wilkinson, Mr Greavner, Mrs Wootton and I are looking forward to a fantastic year!
Attached below are:
- Long term plan
- Medium term plan for Autumn 1
- Knowledge organisers for Science and Humanities - these contain the key learning for these subjects for the coming half term at least
A few things to note:
- Mrs Wilkinson is teaching Kestrels on Tuesdays.
- Mr Greavner and Mrs Wootton are with Kestrels throughout the week, subject to Mrs Wootton working in forest school on Tuesdays and Mr Greavner providing PE across the school.
- Please for this half term is on Friday afternoons. Please send the children IN THEIR KIT and make sure they are prepared for cold or wet weather
- Please name ALL your children's belongings - they might be older but they do still lose things!
- There is no homework menu but we ask that your children read daily, practice their handwriting and spelling each week in their purple books and practice their times tables. Specific homework tasks might be issued as the year progresses to support the learning of individual children, groups of children or the whole class.
For those with children in year 6, please note that SATs are currently scheduled to take place in the week commencing Monday 8th May 2023. I will issue more information about that week nearer the time but please do not book any holiday for that week or in its build up.
As always, do not hesitate to see me or Mrs Wilkinson with any questions or concerns particular to your child or to Kestrels or email firstname.lastname@example.org.